You will cover the main aspects of monetary policy at an advanced level with an emphasis on recent developments. You will gain the knowledge; conceptual framework; awareness of areas of controversy and debate; and the technical skills you need to achieve a critical understanding of recent advanced research in monetary economics.
You’ll learn to:
- Develop rigorous arguments through precise use of concepts and mathematical models
- Select, summarise and synthesise written information from multiple sources
- Select and use appropriate ideas to produce a coherent response to a pre-set question
- Deliver comprehensive and scholarly written communications
- Produce concise and effective written communications
- Deliver effective oral communications, such as lectures and Q&A sessions