Online admissions process
In order to ensure we continue to deliver world class learning experiences and high standards of student satisfaction, the number of places available on the Computer Science online MSc is limited for the May intake.
For your application, you will need your personal statement, CV and, if you are an international student, a certificate to assess your understanding of English.
- You should have a first or strong second-class bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent
- To apply for this course you may have an undergraduate degree in any subject, but you must demonstrate evidence of relevant quantitative skills (especially algebra and calculus) either through your degree study or by alternative means
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree
We request that you submit a personal statement as part of your application. This is an opportunity for you to say why you want to apply and what you hope to achieve from the course. You can check out this article for some guidance on how to write your personal statement. Also, our application form includes more information about this requirement. Alternatively, contact our admissions team for details.
Curriculum vitae (CV) or résumé
You will also need to supply an up-to-date CV, listing any relevant professional experience, including job titles, dates and full-time or part-time status. This helps us to ensure you have the necessary entry requirements and the appropriate background for the course you’re looking to study.
If your first language is not English, you must have passed IELTS with a grade of at least 6.5 overall and no less than 6.0 for any of the four parts (listening, reading, writing, speaking). However, if English is not your first language, but you have completed the whole of your undergraduate studies in the UK within the last 2 years prior to the start of the course, you may be exempt from our English language requirements. Alternatively, you can also sit a Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) or a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam.
- Our online computer science degree starts in May, September and January. Applications for our January intake are now closed, register your interest for May 2021 and request information now.
- The course can be completed in a minimum of two years, three months and a maximum of five years