Online admissions process
We have limited spaces on our May 2023 start and we are currently nearing full capacity. Applications for our next intake starting September 2023 will open soon! You may however be interested in our Artificial Intelligence online MSc or Business Analytics online MSc.
You can either submit your application online or read on to find out more about what you will need for your application.
Your student recruitment coordinator is also here to guide you through the process. If you haven't already, submit a request for information to get in contact with your student recruitment coordinator, and they can advise you on any questions you may have.
- Our online computer science degree starts in May, September and January
- The course can be completed in a minimum of two years, three months and a maximum of five years
For your application, you will need your personal statement, CV and, if you are an international student, a certificate to assess your understanding of English.
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript and a copy of your degree certificate
- One academic and/or professional reference
- English language results or certificates (if applicable)
- You should have a first or strong second-class bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent
- To apply for this course you may have an undergraduate degree in any subject, but you must demonstrate evidence of relevant quantitative skills (especially algebra and calculus) either through your degree study or by alternative means
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree
We request that you submit a personal statement as part of your application. This is an opportunity for you to say why you want to apply and what you hope to achieve from the course. You can check out this article for some guidance on how to write your personal statement. Also, our application form includes more information about this requirement. Alternatively, contact our admissions team for details.
Curriculum vitae (CV) or résumé
You will also need to supply an up-to-date CV, listing any relevant professional experience, including job titles, dates and full-time or part-time status. This helps us to ensure you have the necessary entry requirements and the appropriate background for the course you’re looking to study.
If your first language is not English, you must have passed IELTS with a grade of at least 6.5 overall and no less than 6.0 for any of the four parts (listening, reading, writing, speaking). However, if English is not your first language, but you have completed the whole of your undergraduate studies in the UK within the last 2 years prior to the start of the course, you may be exempt from our English language requirements. Alternatively, you can also sit a Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) or a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam.
Discover our webinars on the application process and get a feel for what it's like to study online at the University of Bath.
Making an application to study online at the University of Bath
Watch recording 45 minutes
Join our Admissions team as they guide you through how to get started with the application process to study online at the University of Bath.
Applicant webinar about the next steps for current applicants
Watch recording 36 minutes
Already applied? Then join our Student Recruitment Coordinators as they guide you through to the next steps of your journey with the University of Bath. The session will also be featuring an introduction to our virtual learning environment.