This unit provides students with a robust foundation of core models and techniques. The unit aims to equip students with a well-founded basis in statistical methods that will allow them to appreciate and apply confidently modern statistical tools used in the study of economic data and decisions.
You’ll learn to:
- Identify real economic problems and apply corresponding economic models
- Analyse economic situations using optimization techniques
- Interpret results of fundamental economic models
- Analyse fundamental discrete and continuous distributions and be able to apply them
- Apply the concepts of random sampling, statistical inference and sampling distribution
- Compare and contrast fundamental concepts of statistical inference and its applications