Gain a systems-based understanding of data, data modelling, storage, access, retrieval and protection.
You’ll learn to:
- Understand the nature of data
- Capture data, provide formal descriptions and represent data and its processing
- Be conversant with emerging data exchange and database developments, such as big data, data mining, meta data and the semantic web
- Critically review the migration towards cloud-based data storage in the context of its professional, legal and ethical implications
- Practically demonstrate how programs and users can interact with databases through query languages