By introducing you to research in computer science, you’ll be able to place your studies in a wider context, and prepare you for when it comes to choosing your research project.
You’ll learn to:
- Summarise and critique computer science research papers
- Distinguish various research themes in computer science and highlight broad research aims
- Determine which research area you would like to work in for your project
- Critically analyse and review previous work in a chosen subject area
- Undertake and document a detailed literature review in a chosen area of computer science research
- Understand the principles of structuring a research project